2015-08-28

Quick soda bread.

When you make bread, the smell in your house is just amazing. My partner is always happy when he comes back home and I'm baking something at the moment. This smell is in the whole house and it reminds me of my childhood, when my gradmother used to make yeast cakes with breadcrums on top... so yummy!

This week's post from baking category (I know I'm a bit late) is all about bread. And it's not yeast bread, it's soda bread which doesn't have to be kneaded and you don't have to wait for it to double it's size... Perfect!

I have made bread once before - yeast one -and it was tasty, but a little bit flat. 
This time the shape was okay, but i can't eat it, I just can't. It's slack-baked bread unfortunately. I don't know what happened. Maybe you'll tell me. What have I done wrong?
Here's Paul Hollywood's recipe.

Ingredients:
- 250g/9oz plain wholemeal flour
- 250g/9oz plain white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 420ml/15fl oz buttermilk
- extra flour for dusting

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the two types of flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. Add the buttermilk and mix until a sticky dough forms.
4. Lightly flour a work surface and tip the dough onto it.
5. Gently roll and fold the dough a couple of times to bring the mixture together. Do not knead.
6. Shape the dough into a ball. Flatten the ball gently with your hand. Score the dough with a deep cross dividing it into quarters. Dust the bread with flour.
7. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 30 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 6. The loaf should be golden-brown.
8. Leave to cool on a wire rack. This is best eaten on the day of baking.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/soda_bread_24837








No comments:

Post a Comment

podobne wpisy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...